Pre-Fit Recoil Pad Basics
When it comes to rifle and shotgun accessory configurations, the possibilities are virtually limitless. New manufacturers, existing manufacturer model variations, and accessory stocks are constantly being introduced into the industry. This makes sizing recoil pads for your specific gun a potentially difficult task. Keep in mind, selecting the best recoil pad for your shotgun or rifle depends on a number of factors. If a pre-fit recoil pad is what you're looking for, we've made things easier for you by offering KICK-EEZ® Pre-Fit Recoil Pad Templates
you are able to print and size at home.
KICK-EEZ Pre-Fit Recoil Pad Templates
Remember, stocks sometimes vary in terms of exact size and shape, even the same model guns from the very same manufacturer. Double-check sizing by comparing our recoil pad template to your actual stock recoil pad at home.
- Remove your existing recoil pad
- (a Phillips screwdriver usually works fine for this)
- Measure the length and width of your butt face stock
- Using these two measurements, scroll through the templates looking for measurements that are the same, or as close as possible, to the measurements of the butt face of your gun
- Print this template and stand your gun, or your old pad, on the template for comparison
- This will allow you to check the proper size and proper screw hole location
- Note: if you have a synthetic stock, keep in mind screw hole location is critical
To ensure a proper fit, when placing your gun or pad on the template be sure the line of the template 'disappears'. In other words, measure to the outer line of the template.
Purchase Your KICK-EEZ Pre-Fit Recoil Pad
Thanks again for your interested in KICK-EEZ Recoil Pads, the only rifle and shotgun recoil pads made of Sorbothane®.