In an effort to meet the needs of all shooters and all shooting applications, KICK-EEZ® offers several different styles of recoil pads.
Which Recoil Pad is Best for You?Personal preference, gun fit, and the purpose for the gun for are just a few considerations when trying to find the right recoil pads If you are mainly concerned with recoil reduction, the thickness of the pad will be more important than the style of the recoil pad. When it comes to recoil reduction, having more recoil absorbing material is always better. When considering style and performance, as long as the recoil pad is the same thickness, it will absorb the same amount of recoil. Thicker recoil pads, a magnum pad for example, will always absorb more recoil than a thinner recoil pad will. However, because Length of Pull (LOP) is always a consideration to keep in mind, it isn’t always appropriate to use the thickest pad.
Top Selling Recoil PadsThe following are our most popular, top-selling recoil pads:
- All Purpose: Designed for all shooting applications, the recoil pad is flat across the face.
- Sporting Clay: Specifically engineered for Sporting Clay shooters, this recoil pad has a roughly 45 degree canted heel. This feature allows for easier shouldering from the 'low gun' position.
- Rocker: A favorite, and great choice for all women shooters! The tapered toe and face design was engineered to help shooters mount their gun more consistently to the same pocket area. The shape of the pad doesn't 'dig' into your shoulder to create a very comfortable shooting position.
- Trap: Specifically designed for 'Fixed Position' shooting, this recoil pad was engineered with a concave face.
- Modified Trap: If you're a shooter who likes to shoot from the 'High Shoulder' position, this recoil pad is for you! We are proud of the ground breaking design of our KICK-EEZ Modified Trap recoil pad, slightly concave giving 100% contact with the shoulder. This enhanced design eliminates pressure points, increasing any shooters' ability to shoulder their gun in the same position each and every time - a key to becoming a more accurate Trap shooter.
More About Recoil Pad Thickness
Every KICK-EEZ Recoil Pads is offered in four thickness variations: 1/2", 3/4", 15/16", and 1 1/8".We provide these options in an effort to fit the Length of Pull (LOP) as well as recoil reduction requirements for all of our unique shooters. Keep in mind, because our recoil pads never contain any hollow spots or steel plates, you can sand these recoil pads to get a perfect, custom fit to your unique gun stock without risk of degrading the performance of your recoil pad in any way. If you are interested in purchasing a KICK-EEZ Recoil Pad and have any questions, please call us Toll Free at (877) 542-5339 or email us at: email@example.com.