Most Asked Recoil Pad Question for August 2016
Here at KICK-EEZ®, we pride ourselves on providing the very best customer support in the industry. Each month, we gladly answer countless questions from customers helping to ensure they are completely satisfied when shopping for our world-famous Sorbothane®-based rifle and shotgun recoil pads. It is our hope that by publishing the most asked question each month, we might help others who may be considering purchasing and installing a KICK-EEZ® recoil pad on a gun of their own.
KICK-EEZ Grind-to-Fit Shotgun and Rifle Recoil Pads
The most frequently asked question for the month of August was: What’s the difference between a KICK-EEZ Dual Action Grind-to-Fit (GTF) Recoil Pad and a KICK-EEZ Standard GTF Recoil Pad?
Question: What’s the difference between a KICK-EEZ Dual Action GTF Pad and a KICK-EEZ Standard GTF Recoil Pad?
Answer: A KICK-EEZ Standard GTF Recoil Pad has one layer of Sorbothane material, while the KICK-EEZ Dual-Action Recoil Pad has two.
The Most Advanced Recoil Pads on the Market Today
KICK-EEZ recoil pads are the only rifle and shotgun recoil pads on the market today made of Sorbothane®, a visco-elastic polymer that is capable of absorbing recoil from multiple directions, simultaneously.
A KICK-EEZ Standard Grind-to-Fit Recoil Pad has one layer of Sorbothane that is 70 durometers in thickness.
KICK-EEZ Dual-Action Grind-to-Fit Recoil Pads combine two layers of Sorbothane vibration dampening material to provide performance unmatched in the industry. The first ultra-soft Sorbothane layer reacts instantly to absorb initial recoil fast, providing increased accuracy for shooters. The second Sorbothane layer dissipates remaining energy to ensure maximum recoil absorption. According to independent testing, KICK-EEZ Dual Action GTF Recoil Pads absorb approximately 4-6% more recoil than our Standard GTF Pad. If you are in need of as much recoil as possible in an All Purpose or a Sporting Clay Pad, and don’t need a pad that is thinner than 15/16”, by all means choose a KICK-EEZ DUAL-ACTION Pad!
According to independent testing, KICK-EEZ Dual Action GTF Recoil Pads absorb approximately 4-6% more recoil than our Standard GTF Pad.
KICK-EEZ GTF Recoil Pad Styles and Sizes
- The Dual Action Pad comes in two styles (All Purpose and Sporting Clay) and thicknesses (15/16” & 1 1/8”).
- The Standard Pad comes in several different styles and thicknesses.
Installing GTF Recoil Pads – Notes
- Installation is pretty much the same for both our Dual Action & Standard Pads, as there are never any hollow spots or metal plates to worry about.
- Both layers of the Dual Action Pad are black, so it will be difficult for you to see where one layer starts and the other one ends.
- When sanding, merely sand both layers of the Dual Action Pad at the same time – there is no need to sand one layer and then the other.
- The Standard GTF Pad has only one layer to sand, so after creating your sanding line on the bottom of the base plate, simply feed the pad into your sanding device.
For more in-depth installation notes, please visit this page to watch Dave’s instructional video!